I hope you all had a great last weekend in 2012! My family celebrated Christmas this past weekend and we all had a great time. Â It was great to see my sister and Dave, my mom (as usual) and my other extended family. Â I also saw a couple friends I hadn’t seen in years.
One of the friends I saw has two kids and we talked all things baby for a couple hours. Â Upon returning home, my nesting instinct kicked in (and I think David’s did too!) and we put the stroller and high chair together. Â I set out all the 0-3 month clothes to get washed and looked at all the stuff that has been stuffed in his closet for a couple months. Â This week my mom is coming over and we are going to get Aiden’s room looking more baby-ready! Â I’m more than ecstatic. Â I’ll give you all an update later in the week of what we have gotten thus far and a nursery update.
For today, I realized that I’m 30 weeks 6 days and only have 9 weeks 1 day left (well it’ll probably be longer, butÂ maybeÂ shorter), so I thought about 9 things that I really want to do in the next 9 weeks.
1. Â Keep Exercising. Â I really realized on Friday that my 3 miles walks are gettingÂ hard. Â I was absolutely exhausted by the end and I actually felt kinda weak and dizzy. Â I think I need to learn to listen to my body better instead of trying to get in the mileage. Â At the beginning of my pregnancy, I never thought I would enjoy simple walking so much, but I love it! Â I’m going to try my hardest to keep waddling through the next 9 weeks no matter how slow I am.
2. Market my business.Â Last week I met with the woman that owns The Pregnancy Wellness Center of Parker and I’m going to start my acupuncture practice through there. Â I won’t just be treating pregnant women, so if you live in the Denver area and aren’t pregnant, come on in anyways! Â I am so excited to start this venture and I absolutely love Nancy Hampton (the owner). Â I’m not worried about the timing of starting and having a baby because it’s flexible and I know David and I will make it work.
3. Â Spend time with David. Â I know that having a baby is going to be so fun and exciting, but with that said, I’m a little nostalgic about “our” nonstop alone time coming to an end. Â We have traveled through Australia and New Zealand together as well as several domestic places and I love our spontaneous activities that we do together. Â With that said, I know a baby is more than worth it… we are ready for the change! Â We are going to Dillon, CO in a couple weeks for our last little traveling hurrah.
4. Â Nesting. Â I know myself and this will probably occupy most of the next nine weeks! Â My sister is throwing me a baby shower in a month, so we’ll get some more stuff for the baby then. Â Since we moved into our house, we did a pretty good job of settling in pretty quickly, but there have been a few projects that we pushed to the back burner and those are going to get done… probably this week and then I’ll find more projects to do.
5. Â Sleep. Â I am going to sleep as much as possible. Â Despite having problems getting comfortable with this big belly, I’m going to rest and pamper myself as much as possible, so I don’t start motherhood absolutely exhausted.
6. Â Learn how to use all the baby stuff.Â I feel like baby stuff is supposed to be very user friendly, but some of it looks a little intimidating, so we need to make sure we can work all the equipment without thinking too hard.
7. Â Go to unmedicated birthing class.Â Â At the beginning of my pregnancy, I thought that I wanted the most natural birth possible and that I never would get an epidural. Â While I still do have those desires, I also realize that things can go differently when your in labor and I’m willing to do what’s best for me, my husband and the baby. Â I’m still going to write a birth plan, but I’m trying to be educated about all the options, but not rigid.
8. Â Snuggle with Otis. Â I will still be doing this after Aiden is born, but I love him so darn much that I can’t help it! Â We spend a ton of time together each day and this will soon change, so I want to bask it in now.Â (I might be a little obsessed with my dog).
9. Relax!Â I’m usually a go-go-go type of person. Â I love relaxing, but I feel unproductive and find myself needing to be busy. Â In the last 9 weeks, however, I’m going to sleep longer, read more, watch some TV, and just enjoy not being so busy.