I wasn’t in the Insanity workout mood when I was figuring out what I wanted to do yesterday when I got my workout on. Â I decided on just doing a total body workout in between clients at work.
Total Body Circuit
- Stationary lunges (15 reps on left leg followed by 15 reps on right leg) – 10 lbs.
- Lateral shoulder raises – 8 lbs.
- Incline bicep curls – 12 lbs.
- French Press (AKA tricep overhead extensions0 – 20 lbs. (one dumbbell)
- Plie Squats – 25 lbs.
- Bridges, 25 lbs. (one dumbbell)
- Side step lunges (alternating sides)- 10 lbs.
- Crunches, 100 total
I did supersets with these exercises because they give one body part a little rest, but you’re still working another and keeping the heart rate up. Â It also makes my workouts go faster, I take less rest breaks, and I don’t get bored. Â Supersets mean that, for example, I did 15 reps of the stationary lunges immediately followed by 15 reps of the lateral shoulder raises, then back to the stationary lunges. Â I did 3 sets of 15 reps for each exercise.
One random piece of news… one year ago today, my now husband (then boyfriend), proposed to me:) Â I thought David was going to take a picture of us with his automatic timer, but he was actually recording the proposal.