I have now declared my Insanity workout as complete. Â The program is designed to be completed in 60 days. Â There are two sets of DVD’s… one for the first month and one for the second month. Â The first month’s DVD’s are shorter workouts, but I won’t necessarily say easier. Â The second month, the workouts are about an hour long. Â I did the 60 days plus another 1.5 weeks approximately. Â I really liked the program. Â It definitely did what it says it will do (if your diet is on par). Â The following are 5 Â reasons why I loved the Insanity workout.
1. Â I got the best workout possible in my own home. Â Most people (myself included) don’t usually get a good workout in their house. Â It’s easy to stop and for some reason the gym atmosphere promotes better workouts usually. Â This wasn’t the case for this workout. Â It might have been because for the first month, my husband and I did the workout together for the most part and stopping the DVD early wasn’t an option. Â If you just follow the workout, you can’t fail.
2. Time management.Â This was huge for me. Â I loved being able to roll out of bed and within five minutes be able to start working out. Â I work at 6 am, so the first month, I was able to do just this and still get to work on time. Â The second month’s workouts were just a little bit too long to do before work (because I definitely wasn’t waking up in the 3 am hour). Â When I go to the gym, I have to drive the 10 minute drive, get into the gym and start my workout, actually workout, then drive home. Â The time saved was huge, and I even got a better workout!
3. Â The mindlessness on my part. Â Let’s face it, unless you go to a fitness class at the gym, working out requires some creativity. Â Each time I go to the gym, I have to figure out what type of workout I’m doing and then from there decide which exercises or cardio equipment to use. Â Now, I agree that this is sometimes the fun part about fitness, but sometimes, no workout sounds fun and it’s hard to make up your mind on what to do. Â These are the days that I usually don’t get a very sweaty workout. Â For Insanity, all you have to do is put in the DVD, and everything is done for you.
4. I have never felt so toned. Â I have always had a HARD time gaining muscle definition especially in my legs. Â In the past, I ran A LOT figuring that was the best way to get lean, muscular legs, but that never really happened for me. Â They really didn’t change too much when I was marathon training. Â I tried to use weights to do strength training and that worked, but my legs also have a tendency to get bigger, thus my jeans didn’t fit anymore and that didn’t make me happy either! Â With Insanity, the exercises are a perfect balance of high-intensity cardio and resistance training, which is obviously exactly what I needed. Â I did the bootcamps in the gym several times, but just going 2-3 times per week wasn’t enough; the Insanity workouts are 6 days per week.
5. Â When the workouts were done, I got a “runner’s high.” This is one of the only workouts I’ve done that isn’t running that gives me this “high.” Â I thrive on feeling the runner’s high, which is one reason I love running. Â You honestly feel great after these workouts. Â Your whole entire body was worked out (hard I might add) and it leaves you feeling that good type of exhausted.
I think everyone into fitness should try this program. Â It’s good for people in a rut or just wanting to push through a plateau.
A few cons of this program is that by the end of each month, you are sick of the same workouts over and over again. Â There are about 4 DVDs for each month; a plyo, a resistance training, a cardio endurance, and a recovery day. Â While you are alternating, by the end, it’s gets repetitive. Â Also, I have noticed that since I ended this, I don’t really know what to do next in terms of my fitness. Â I tried to go on the elliptical today and I was so bored out of my mind that I had to stop at 30 minutes. Â I think it’s made me unable to go on cardio equipment! Â I must break through that immediately. Â Overall, GREAT experience!